March 2-9, 2013
Join us for a week of practice in mindful living (facilitated by Dr. Susanne Fest, IMA Faculty, Joshua Canter, IMA Graduate, and Kristin Luna Ray, Co-founders True Nature Education) inspired by the beauty of the Costa Rican rainforest and
Luna Nueva, a biodynamic Eco- Lodge (www.FincaLunaNuevaLodge.com). Immerse yourself in lessons of sustainability. During this retreat, we will explore how mindfulness practices promote our ability to live sustainably with one another and the world around us. Embedded in nature and our community we will tune into our senses, and attend to what emerges from stillness. Then, if we choose to do so, we will enrich our perspectives through mindful dialog with each other. Brazilian educator Paulo Freire calls this process “wording the world”- akin to what it is like for all of us when we move in childhood from the preverbal to the verbal experience of the world.
- Experience seven days at a sustainable eco-lodge in the Costa Rican rainforest
- Engage in reflection, reading and journaling
- Build community through circle practice
- Learn about biodynamic farming and permaculture
- Work the land and get your hands dirty (optional)
- Nourish yourself with organic food grown on the premises
- Learn about medicinal herbs grown in the Sacred Seed Sanctuary at Luna Nueva
- Participate in this program as a personal retreat
- Earn 3 semester credits at the undergraduate or graduate level by participating on- line (distance learning) with the program facilitators before and after the seven-day cultural immersion in Costa Rica.
Limit: 15 participants
This program is offered as a collaboration between Antioch University Midwest and True Nature
Education, an Educational Travel Company.