Beside You All the Way
The Robert Dizney Writing Center provides writing support for students during their academic journey both locally and virtually. By developing their writing skills, students will improve their work and gain new confidence in their abilities. Students will find support for ALL stages of the writing process, including:
- Understanding Assignments: Never written an annotated bibliography before? Unsure of how to create an abstract for a large paper? Writing consultants can walk students through the format and required content of an assignment.
- Outlines: It’s common for students to research a topic and yet struggle to get that information into a paper. Talking to a writing consultant before writing can help students discover the main points they want to make.
- Revisions: If a faculty member has returned a written assignment with requests for revision, a writing consultant can help polish it.
- Grammar & Punctuation: If students are struggling with particular writing problems, they can visit the writing center to develop those areas of writing.
- Citing Resources: Consultants can assist in formatting resources in MLA and APA citation styles.
- Creative Writing: Need someone to give honest feedback on a creative piece? Writing consultants can offer feedback on fiction or nonfiction as well as academic work.
The Robert Dizney Writing Center offers assistance to students by appointment or walk-in visits. We can also accommodate distance appointments via telephone or Google Hangout. To request an appointment, call 937-769-1657 or email email@example.com.
Help us improve by filling out this two-minute SURVEY.
REMINDER: The writing center is not open on days the university is closed. This includes holidays and cancellations due to weather.
Through their partnership with eTutoring.org, the Virtual Writing Center offers electronic feedback to students who wish to submit their work or writing questions electronically. All feedback is delivered by writing consultants who are also students at Antioch University. The V W C also offers a host of resources that have been developed at Antioch University, including blog posts, resources, and videos about writing .