Attend a Discover Antioch Midwest Information Session
Antioch University Midwest is proud to offer experienced education professionals the opportunity to obtain a Certificate in the Reggio Emilia Approach. The Reggio Emilia Approach refers to the philosophy of early childhood education that originated in Reggio Emilia, Italy and was founded by Loris Malaguzzi. Many educators (e.g., Dewey, Piaget, Vygotsky, Gardner and Bruner) inspire and inform the Reggio Emilia Approach. This REA is grounded in several key principles (e.g., children are active protagonists of their growth and development process; Learning is a process of individual and group construction and the environment is organized to provoke and support learning). This certificate program prepares teachers to interact with children in intentional, constructive, and creative ways that focus on children’s capabilities, competencies, and interests. The program promotes the development of a learning environment that is based on relationships, reciprocal learning, and reflection.
Antioch University Midwest provides its students with a classroom-based, experiential approach to learning that emphasizes understanding of both theories and sound educational practice.
The Certificate in the Reggio Emilia Approach at Antioch University Midwest is a course-based program aimed at meeting the needs of currently employed teachers interested in integrating Reggio inspired principles in their respective classroom situations and practice.
- 21 Semester Credits
- REA courses can be imbedded as a concentration within a Master’s of Education degree or stand alone as a Certificate.
- Hybrid Delivery Model
- Hold a current teaching license.
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum 2.75 GPA for bachelor’s degree.
- Have a minimum 3.0 for any graduate-level coursework.
- Complete a skills assessment test proctored at Antioch University Midwest.
- Complete an on-campus case study writing assessment.
- Be interviewed by the ECE Program Chair.
The following information regarding gainful employment is provided for programs leading to a certificate.
Program CIP 13.1209 leads to the following occupational code: 25-2011
How much will this program cost me?*
- Tuition and fees: $10,050
- Books and supplies: $300
- On-campus room & board: not offered
What other costs are there for this program?
For further program cost information click here.
* The amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion. Note that this information is subject to change.
What financing options are available to help me pay for this program?
Financing for this program may be available through grants, scholarships, loans (federal and private) and institutional financing plans. The median amount of debt for program graduates is shown below:
- Federal loans: *
- Private education loans: *
- Institutional financing plan: *
* There were fewer than 10 graduates in this program. Median amounts are withheld to preserve the confidentiality of graduates.
How long will it take me to complete this program?
The program is designed to take 2 years to complete. Of those that completed the program in 2013-2014, *% finished in 2 years.
* Fewer than 10 students completed this program in 2013-14. The number who finished within the normal time has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
What are my chances of getting a job when I graduate?
The job placement rate for students who completed this program is *%.
* This institution is not currently required to calculate a job placement rate for program completers.