Attend a Discover Antioch Midwest Information Session
The Middle Childhood Generalist Endorsement allows the teaching candidate with two licensure areas to add two more content areas specifically for teaching in a self- contained 4th, 5th, or 6th grade classroom. This endorsement is not valid for holders of any license other than Ohio Middle Childhood Education.
To have the Middle Childhood Generalist endorsement added to the Middle Childhood License:
- The candidate must have previously completed a Middle Childhood Education program in two content areas and hold a valid Ohio Middle Childhood Education License.
- In addition to successfully completing the Middle Childhood Generalist Endorsement course work in either one or two additional areas, the candidate must also successfully complete the required Praxis II test(s).
The candidate must pass either:
The Elementary Education Content Knowledge (0014); OR
The candidate must pass the content area test for each content area added to the Middle Childhood Education License, chosen from the following:
- Middle School English/Language Arts (0049)
- Middle School Mathematics (0069)
- Middle School Social Studies (0089)
- Middle School Science (0439)